2017 was a very rough year for me, I had personal, financial and professional breakdowns, which started on 4th January 2017 when I got let go from a job I truly loved. 2017 was trying to find a base that I can build from. 2018 was all about building foundations and stabilising my life. I did that by joining a company in December 2017 and I’m still there now.
Over the past week I’ve been thinking about what I can do this year to improve myself and my life, with the first week of 2019 nearly over, its time to set some goals and themes for the year. The aim is to build habits that will have a positive impact on myself and others.
The reason for publishing them here is to hold myself accountable. At the end of the year I can look back and tick each and everyone of them off, or not, as the case may be.
My goals and themes for 2019 are:
• Lose 2 stone in weight by July, keep it off (that’s 28 lbs or 12.7 Kg)
• Gym workouts at least 3 times a week
• Be honest with my feelings to myself and others
• Don’t worry about what I can’t control
• Instead of “I know”, say “you’re right”
• Instead of “seen it”, say “thank you”
I’ll report back next week with how I’m getting on.